Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Good Attempt for Myself!

Last two weeks, I had signed up as a member of Toastmaster club.

What's Toastmaster club? Club to teach how to make toast? For more information,please log on to www.toastmasters.org/

Today, I had presenting my 1st assignment speech which is the ice breaker speech. As usual, I'm lazy to make earlier preparation. At the last minute (3 hours before the meeting), I rushed for the script of my speech.

I was writing somethings that's out of the topics and finally I decided to organise what I'm going to present in my mind. I kept on practising for few times and managed to finish my speech within 6 minutes (May be the arh...erm... took too long time).

When came to the show time, I was so nervous until my mind was blank and the nervousness made me to speak louder. I had skipped most of the things I prepared earlier and had ended up the speech within 3 minutes ++ which is out of the duration given (4 to 6 minutes).

I'm not really satisfy with my own performance. Suprisingly, the gabenor president, Dr. Susan act as a grammarian who have to evaluate my speech in term of grammar, had given me a lots of compliments.

My evaluator, the president of BM Big foot club, Andy had commented me as a natural speaker and I can speak confidently, fluently and without relying on notes. (Indeed I'm not, why I spoke out loud is self explained in what I mentioned earlier, not relying on notes is because of I don't have more time to prepare notes).

Anyway, its a good attempt of myself, a big applause for myself.

Thankful to Lance for his encouragement as well and outgoing Yee Wei who is going to be my mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment